Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Researching the use of Collaborative Technologies for UL6082

I am currently studying a Masters in E-Learning Design and Development with the University of Limerick Ireland.
Currently I am involved in a project researching the use of Collaborative Technologies. Currently my group consists of two students (including myself) and two students from the University of Florida in the US.

I am studying part time at the moment around my work. I work with the Knowledge Management Team of my company and I design, create and offer E-learning Courses for the EMEA Region and partially for the Global market. We currently have approximately over 140,000 employees, so we are kept busy.

At the moment the project involves each member choosing a collaboration tool of their choice, where we each then investigate and play with the tool.

My tool of choice is acrobat.com or also known as Adobe Connect.

I have used this tool in the past and it gave me ideas for developing my own Multi-casting Video Virtual Classroom.

What is interesting about this project is that to investigate these tools and collaborate our findings we need to use these tools for the project also.

One of the difficulties though is the time difference of 5 hours between the Irish Students and the US students, but as this is a typical challenge in the real world then we will have to schedule times to suit all involved.

My challenge is to make myself available around work meetings etc.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darren,

    I'll be watching this closely! Acrobat wasn't something that anyone in my team even considered. I shall read to learn, as they say.

    Shane

    ReplyDelete